Thursday, February 22, 2007 : 2:02 AM

Talking to the heart

Over a month ago, I searched the internet for the words "listen to sermon online." I didn't want to go to church. But I wanted to hear something scripture-based. The third link down was about North Point Community Church. I didn't know who they were, but I followed the link. There I found a list of topics from the last few years and the first one I listened to amazed me. (That all amazes me... a fairly random search, a fairly random selection from the list of matches, a fairly random choice from among this one list of messages--and it was better than a truckload of messages I've heard over the years.)

I have listened to many of them since and was impressed enough at one point to think, "That would be reason enough for me to move there, to be part of what is going on in that community, to be in that healthy environment of growth."

Are you new to christian spirituality and want to avoid churchy stuff? Listen to Andy Stanley...or any of the folks in the list. Wrestling with christianity after years of it? I tell ya, I'm impressed with the depth and power in these messages. I hope you will scan the list and try out a few.

http://www.northpoint.org/messages